The library will proctor written, emailed, or online exams. There is no charge for this service. A minimum of 24 hours notice is required before any test will be proctored. It is the responsibility of the student to contact the library and make an appointment to take the test. Appointments can be made in person, by phone, or by email. Students must schedule a time during our operating hours with the assigned proctor. The test must be completed 30 minutes before the library closes. Proctors will enforce any time limits or other rules set forth in exam materials.
Students must be on time for their appointment and are responsible for notifying the proctor if they cannot make the appointment or if they are running late. Students are responsible for ensuring that the exam and other required materials are sent to the proctor from the learning institution before arriving to take the test. The proctor is not responsible for contacting the learning institution to get exam materials or proctor forms but will return proctor forms directly to the school when asked to do so. The student should also verify that the proctor has received exam materials before arriving to take the test. Please be mindful of the following:
- Students must bring all supplies needed (e.g., calculator, pen, pencil) to complete the test.
- Library computers will not be modified to accommodate online tests. Installation of any special software needed to take the exam will not be allowed.
- The Library will extend the standard two-hour computer time limit to accommodate tests that have time limits of two hours or longer.
- At the time of testing, students must provide current photo I.D. that matches the name on the testing materials.
- The proctor will not enter personal information (SSN, home phone or address) on proctor forms.
Students are required to bring a stamped, addressed envelope to mail written exams. The library will mail the test as soon as the test is complete (normal mail pickup schedules apply). Once the test is mailed, the library is not responsible for receipt of the exam by the learning institution. Any UPS or FedEx envelopes are the responsibility of the student to send.