The Manlius Library maintains meeting room space for use by nonprofit community groups and makes its spaces available on equal terms to all qualified groups. Click here for our convenient, online request form. Select the date of your room use request. All available dates are shown. Please note that room use is limited to two times per month per group and that rooms may be booked up to 4 months in advance. Entering a room request indicates that you have read and agree to the terms of our Room Use Policy.
Manlius Library Room Use Policy
The Manlius Library maintains meeting room space for use by non-profit community groups and makes its spaces available on equal terms to all qualified groups, subject to the regulations below. Please review the policies prior to reservation application.
- The Story Time Room is designated for use by children’s groups and programs.
- The Community Room and Conference Room are designated for use by adult groups.
- Rooms may not be used by commercial and/or for-profit groups or organizations.
- Rooms may not be used for social functions such as parties or fundraisers.
- Room reservations are limited to two (2) times per month and may be scheduled up to four (4) months in advance. Any exceptions musts be approved by the Library Director. Rooms are available 15 minutes after the Library is open. All meetings must end 15 minutes prior to the Library closing.
- No fees or donations may be charged or solicited for any groups or programs, unless specifically approved by the Library Director. No personal information of participants may be solicited.
- Groups are responsible for room set up and configuration of tables and chairs. This may require advance preparation by your group the day of the meeting.
- Groups are expected to leave the room clean and orderly; this includes return of furniture and equipment to room of origin. Groups are responsible for damage to Library property, and the Library reserves the right to charge the responsible person if extra housekeeping or maintenance service is necessary.
- All persons using the meeting rooms are subject to all Library rules and regulations. Groups may not be disruptive or impinge upon the enjoyment of the Library by others.
- Refreshments may be served only with prior approval of Library staff.
- AV equipment training arrangements must be made prior to the event at a time convenient to the Library staff.
- The Library is not responsible for the security of items and cannot provide storage of material or equipment.
- Permission to use rooms does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of the group’s positions or beliefs. The Library reserves the right to review all material distributed at meetings and to approve any signage to be displayed on Library property.
- Library sponsored programs take priority over all room reservations. In the event of a conflict, the Library reserves the right to cancel room reservations no less than 30 days prior to a scheduled event. The contact person will be informed and efforts will be made to arrange alternate space.
- In the event of bad weather, the Library may close. Every attempt will be made to contact you. Closing information will always be available on our website.
- If the group needs to cancel the reservation, please notify the Library as soon as possible.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in the suspension of a group’s meeting room privileges.
- Room reservation applications may be submitted online or at the Library’s circulation desk. Application submission does not guarantee room reservation. Reservations will be confirmed by the Library via e-mail or telephone by within 2 business days of receipt of the request
- Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
Approved by the Board of Trustees March 31, 2016