Manlius Library offers access to popular databases, whether you’re trying to buy a car or trace your family tree as far as it goes. In addition, as part of the Onondaga County Public Library system, our patrons can access even more great learning and career resources.
Manlius Library Databases
Please visit the library’s front desk for access to these subscription databases:
- Consumer Reports
- OCLC First Search
Manlius Library patrons have access to a huge variety of quality databases through the Onondaga County Public Library System. Click here to see the full index of databases, and see below for highlighted resources:
- A searchable archive of newspapers including the Syracuse Post Standard from 1996 to 2013.
- Gale OneFile & Gale Academic OneFile
- Peer-reviewed journals and full-text reference sources.
- A business and consumer research tool to use for quick lookups or creating customized lists. Advanced search allows users to do reverse phone number lookups, search by yellow page heading, business SIC code, zip code, SMSA and more.
- Company profiles, brand information, rankings, investment reports, company histories, chronologies, and business periodicals, including detailed business and industry news.
- A searchable archive of newspapers, including Syracuse newspapers from 1857 forward.
- Learning Express
- An online learning resource for academic and career test preparation, and reading, writing, math, and science basic skills improvement with practice tests, courses and downloadable ebooks in PDF format. New test preparation tools enable users to select viewing answers during testing or at the end, after scoring. Practice in untimed or timed modes.
- An extensive collection of award-winning online courses and video tutorials to help you learn business, technical and creative skills.
- Curated readers’ advisory with reviews and reading guides.
- NoveList Plus
- Database covering more than 120,000 adult, teen and children’s fiction and non-fiction titles. Provides subject heading access, reviews, annotations, hundreds of theme-oriented book lists for readers at all grade levels, award-winning and recommended titles, read-alikes, book reviews and much more.